Tackling the full stack of Internet of Things (IoT) challenges
Become part of Aloxy, a spin-off of imec and Universiteit Antwerpen: specialize yourself in building a modular industrial IoT platform for the process and chemical industry, encompassing everything from sensors and wireless communication to backend platforms and seamless integration with customer systems!
|Location||Antwerp, The Beacon|
|Salary level||around € 42.000 to € 65.000 gross a year|
YOUR NEW CHALLENGE
As an Embedded Engineer at Aloxy, you will be responsible for developing the firmware for our sensors and gateways. Your primary focus will be on the sensor processing part and/or the LPWAN network stacks, including LoRaWAN and DASH7. Depending on your background and interests, there is flexibility to concentrate on sensor applications, networking stacks, or gateway development.
|Achieving results||Facts & Figures|
|– 2023 turnover: € 3 million|
– 12 PoC’s / new sites
|– a team of 17 innovative and incredibly smart entrepreneurs|
– recent 3.8 million euro investment raised to scale up globally
– breakthrough solutions for the Energy and (Petro)Chemical industry, that monetize thepotential of IIoT
- design, implement, and test firmware for our expanding sensor portfolio, based on ARM Cortex M0+ / M4
- expand our automated test suite, covering a broader range of scenarios and integrating power consumption regression testing
- further develop our multi-modal gateway software, which includes both microcontroller and embedded Linux components
- collaborate with upstream open-source projects such as Zephyr and OSS-7
Growing together towards a more reliable and safe industry
The industry 4.0 transition is in full motion. Aloxy is scaling-up, allowing new vibrant professionals to join the team and develop their careers along with developing the organization into the next phase of professionalization. We believe we can support the transformation of Engery and Chemical industries with smart plug-and-play sensor technology that helps companies monetize their solutions.
Aloxy was launched in 2018 to build specific solutions for the chemical and energy industry to facilitate the transition to “Industry 4.0”. The startup successfully developed a unique and patented manual valve monitoring solution. The current solution includes a valve sensor and an industrial IoT platform, the “Aloxy IIoT Hub”, to manage the fleet of IoT devices, monitor and optimize the network connectivity, and feed the captured sensor data to the customers’ systems.
“As an investor from the very start, we are happy to continue supporting the development of Aloxy. Over the last years, the company has succeeded in further developing technology from academic research to commercial products, in a market with very high standards and high requirements for new (digital) technologies. A strong technology basis and persistence have allowed Aloxy to create the initial commercial traction, which will be further accelerated with the current investment round.”
– Sofie Baeten, CEO Qbic II Fund-
The industry 4.0 transition is in full motion and more and more industry majors are investing in IoT and wireless network infrastructures. Aloxy is scaling-up, allowing new vibrant professionals to join the team and develop their careers along with developing the organization into the next phase of professionalization.
We seek individuals who thrive in a dynamic team environment and embrace the spirit of a startup company. If you enjoy learning, taking on challenges, thinking outside the box, and pushing boundaries, then you will fit right in. Key qualifications and qualities we value include:
- background in embedded programming and a strong understanding of software development and IT
- optional experience or interest in LPWAN networking protocols is nice to have
- ideally you have some experience with IIoT, Industry 4.0, or Smart Industry solutions
- strong problem-solving skills and the ability to overcome obstacles
When you join Aloxy, you can expect an exciting and entrepreneurial environment, where you’ll work with the latest IoT technology in the heart of Antwerp. Located in The Beacon, an IoT hotspot with breathtaking views of “De Schelde,” you will join a team of passionate and innovative developers who are shaping the future of industrial environments.
- attractive compensation package, in line with what you may expect from a start-up;
- a competitive pension plan;
- a hybrid work environment and flexible working hours; you are able to work largely from out of your home office;
- one of the most vibrant office locations; The Beacon, the IoT hotspot with a marvelous lookout on “De Schelde”, you will join a team of passionate and crazy developers working on next generation technology for industrial environments;
- growth opportunities; Aloxy is a growing organization, this will allow individuals to grow into management rolls or into different specialist roles. It is a unique opportunity to be part of creating a new organization;
This is just a selection of our offering for the position of Technical Business Consultant, based on a fulltime workweek. A detailed overview of our labor package will be provided by our recruiter upon your request.
THE APPLICATION PROCES
Please submit your application through our website, or contact us directly.
- For questions related to the recruitment process and general questions about the position, you may contact Hjalmar Wewerinke-van Marle by phone (+31 6 155 251 94), or via e-mail (Hjalmar.Wewerinke-vanMarle@talentable.nl).
- An assessment can be part of the recruitment process.
- More details about Aloxy.io? Visit https://www.aloxy.io/!
- We respect your privacy, and will treat the information you share with us as strictly confidential.